Competent authority for accepting applications: Sichuan Development and Reform Commission
Charge: no charge is payable
Approval type: administrative permission
Soft copies and hard copies of the following documents:
1. Application documents in 3 copies for duty-free treatment for imported equipment filed with local municipal or prefectural development and reform commissions where the projects’ owners are located (may be waived for enterprises under provincial administration, groups under separate planning and enterprises under the administration of the central government, which may submit other documents directly);
2. Approval documents for the projects (plus approval documents for applications in relation to project funding in the case of projects funded by foreign loans);
3. List of imported equipment (plus bid-winning notices for the imported equipment in the case of projects funded by foreign loans); and
4. In the case of projects funded by foreign loans, on-lending agreements for foreign governmental loans entered between project entities and domestic banks as well as commercial contracts for the projects.
◆Place to file the application
Address: Administrative Services Center of the People’s Government of Sichuan Province, No.2 Caoshi Street, Chengdu
Contact: Window for Sichuan Development and Reform Commission (028) 86942462 86913671
Complaint Tel: (028) 86936197 86705790
◆Conditions for approval
Projects approved by development and reform authorities and falling into the encouraged category under the Catalogue for the Guidance of Foreign Investment Industries or the categories under the Catalogue of Priority Industries for Foreign Investment in the Central-Western Region; and projects funded by foreign loans whose applications in relation to project funding were approved by NDRC.
1. Decision of the State Council Concerning the Reform of the Investment System (GuoFa (2004) No.20);
2. Catalogue for the Guidance of Foreign Investment Industries (Revised 2007) (Order (2007) No.57 of NDRC and the Ministry of Commerce);
3. Catalogue of Priority Industries for Foreign Investment in the Central-Western Region (Revised 2008) (Order (2008) No.4 of NDRC and the Ministry of Commerce);
4. Circular of the NDRC on Relevant Issues in Relation to the “Confirmation Letters on Domestic or Foreign-funded Projects Encouraged by the State” for Foreign-invested Projects (FaGaiWaiZi (2006) No.316); and
5. Circular of the NDRC on Relevant Issues in Relation to Confirmation Letters on Projects Funded by Loans from International Financial Organizations and Foreign Governments (FaGaiBanWaiZi (2006) No.408).