Address: No.22, Gaopeng Ave., Hi-tech Zone, Chengdu
Postal Code: 610041
1) To implement laws, rules, principles and policies made by the Party and the State on geological exploration and exploitation of mineral resources; and to work out medium-term and long-term development programs, annual plans and annual goals and tasks for geological and mineral exploration for metallurgy and arrange the enforcement thereof.
2) To undertake the exploration and development tasks sponsored by the State and Sichuan Province for metallurgy and non-ferrous metals and other mineral resources as well as fundamental construction projects, environmental and geological exploration and design, and to provide relevant construction units with mineral exploration reports and exploration data.
3) To manage state-owned assets of the administrations of metallurgical geological exploration throughout Sichuan Province, and ensure the maintenance or increase of value thereof; to strengthen financial and fund management, have internal auditing and efficiency supervision, arrange analyses of economic activities, and improve the quality of economic operation.
4) To promote out-bound economy, encourage international and domestic economic and technological cooperation and exchanges in respect of metallurgical geology; to arrange the recommendation, exchange and application of scientific and technological achievements; to promote scientific and technological progress and technical innovation, and administer affairs in relation to technique, quality, metrology and work safety.
5) To ensure ideological adherence of the staff of the Bureau, promote ideological and ethical progress, and ensure personnel stability.
6) To provide guidance to, administer, supervise, and coordinate the operation of subordinate units; to work out programs on the reform and development of the Bureau, and enforce relevant supporting policies; and to provide guidance on adjusting the industrial structure and organizational structure of the Bureau to bring about great economic strides.
7) To undertake other tasks assigned by Sichuan Provincial Government.