Address: No.30, Dongchenggen Str.(S), Chengdu
Postal Code: 610015
1) To participate in the formulation of local statutes and regulations in relation to food industry, make investigations and studies on the development of the food industry throughout Sichuan Province, and give advice and comments thereon.
2) To participate in the formulation of medium-term and long-term development programs and annual plans for the food industry throughout Sichuan Province; and to participate in major technical reform and technical introduction within the industry, as well as the preliminary certification, approval and report of projects of investment and development, and to assist in the enforcement of the foregoing work.
3) To participate in the formulation of the criteria for identifying top counties in food industry and leading food enterprises of agricultural industrialized operation, and arrange enforcement of such criteria and assessment on the enforcement thereof; to assist in the implementation of relevant policies on related support; and to offer coordinating services.
4) To participate in the administration and supervision of the product quality in the food industry, and undertake product examination and appraisal within the industry as well as recommendation and preliminary examination of top brands and famous and special food in the industry in Sichuan Province; to formulate or revise the national standards and industrial standards for food products, and undertake the work of the Technical Committee of Food Industry Standardization; to participate in the training and qualification certification of quality and standard managerial personnel in the food industry, and provide guidance on and assist food enterprises in the promotion of comprehensive management and quality system as well as environmental and quality management certification system.
5) To formulate and supervise the enforcement of industrial regulations and conventions, and regulate industrial activities; to protect the lawful rights and interests of enterprises, safeguard fair competition and market order; to participate in the work in relation to production and operation licenses of food industry; to participate in the evaluation of intangible assets in food industry, participate in the preliminary examination of well-known trademarks of food products and food product origin, and participate in the establishment of the food product market.
6) To collect and analyze information on the development of food industry, release dynamic information of the market, and participate in the publicity in food industry; to offer consultancy service and planning service; to organize professional, technical and vocational training; to arrange domestic and international economic and technological exchanges, cooperation and promotion; and to participate in exhibitions and sales of food products.
7) To coordinate and provide guidance on the operation of provincial professional food associations (committees) and industrial organizations of food industry in cities and prefectures.
8) To undertake other tasks assigned by Sichuan Provincial Government.
Constitution of the Association
The Sichuan Food Industry Association consists of five functional offices and the Association Committee of the CPC.
1) General Office
The General Office shall take charge of secretarial work, file management, objective management, finance and administrative logistics. The Office shall take charge of personnel, salary, position assessment and employment, confidentiality, safety, security and administration of the retired and staff in the Association and its subordinate units. The Office shall take charge of external communications .
2) Office for Industry Guidance
The Office for Industry Guidance shall take charge of the statistics, analysis and research of food production and operation. The Office shall draft medium-term and long-term development plans for food industry. The Office shall formulate and supervise the implementation of the conventions and regulations of food industry, and standardize industrial conducts. The Office shall carry out pre-project reasoning, examination, assessment and declaration of projects of major technical reforms and introductions, investment and exploitation. The Office shall take charge of the affairs in relation to development and administration. The Office shall arrange vocational training. The Office shall sort out and release industrial information, take charge of publicity in the industry and keep in contact with professional associations. The Office shall take charge of work related to building top counties in food industry and leading food enterprises.
3) Quality Office
The Quality Office shall take charge of the implementation of laws and regulations on quality management and standardization management in the food industry. The Office shall undertake matters in relation to the standardization of the food industry. The Office shall arrange training of quality management. The Office shall undertake the product quality supervision, industrial examination and assessment as well as the preliminary assessment and recommendation of the famous brands and famous and special food of the food industry in Sichuan Province. The Office shall undertake the training, assessment and administration of the judges for food sensual quality in Sichuan Province. The Office shall provide guidance to food enterprises and help them promote certification on quality management, quality system and environment quality management.
4) Office for Market Affairs
The Office for Market Affairs shall take charge of the research, study and discussion, forecast, cultivation and guidance for the food market, and put forward suggestions for structure adjustment of food industry. The Office shall provide food enterprises with production and marketing information service for important products and help enterprises to expand domestic and international market. The Office shall draft local regulations and rules for food industry and carry out intermediary services such as consultation and scheming. The Office shall arrange such campaigns as product displays and sales exhibition for food industry. The Office shall take part into market construction of food products.
5) Office for Scientific and Technical Information Consultation
The Office for Scientific and Technical Information Consultation shall make studies on and discuss strategies of scientific and technical development, scientific research, new products development, and collection and release of scientific and technical information. The Office shall take charge of the declaration, examination and assessment of projects of scientific research and new product development and offer service in respect of achievement popularization and application. The Office shall arrange industrial technological exchange, cooperation and training. The Office shall provide relevant scientific and technical information and consultation service.
The Association Committee of the CPC
The Association Committee of the CPC shall take charge of the building of the Party ideology, organization and work style as well as disciplinary inspection in the Association and its subordinate units, and shall also direct the work of the Labor Union, the Youth League and the Women’s Federation in the Association.