Address: No.15, Yongxing Lane, Chengdu
Postal Code: 610012
1) To implement principles, policies, laws and rules on local chronicles, and formulate policies, local rules and regulations on local chronicles throughout Sichuan Province and supervise the enforcement thereof.
2) To work out medium-term and long-term programs and annual plans on the cause of local chronicles in Sichuan Province, on the basis of the overall needs of national economic and social development, and arrange the enforcement thereof.
3) To organize, provide guidance on, and administer the compilation of local chronicles at various levels of Sichuan Province; and to work out programs on the compilation of the Chronicle of Sichuan Province, and arrange the compilation and revision thereof.
4) To organize, provide guidance on, and administer affairs concerning local general yearbooks at various levels of Sichuan Province; and to arrange the compilation of the Sichuan Yearbook.
5) To arrange examination and acceptance upon completion of provincial chronicles and city (prefecture) chronicles.
6) To arrange legal publicity on local chronicles and administrative law enforcement, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations on the Work of Local Chronicles and the Regulations of Sichuan Province on the Work of Local Chronicles.
7) To work out administrative codes on the information and resources on local chronicles, collect, preserve, and make studies on the literature on local chronicles and other data on the conditions of Sichuan Province, and arrange the exploration and utilization of information and resources on local chronicles.
8) To sort out and clear up outdated versions of chronicles.
To undertake other tasks assigned by Sichuan Provincial Government.