Address: No.191, Huapaifang St., Chengdu
Postal Code: 610031
1) To implement the Archives Law of the People’s Republic of China as well as principles and policies promulgated by the State and the Party in relation to archives work; to draw up the local laws, rules and regulations of Sichuan Province on archives work and improve the policies and regulations on archives management; to supervise and inspect the implementation of the laws and regulations on archives and to investigate and punish acts of violation of the laws on archives.
2) To draw up medium-term and long-term schemes and annual plans for the development of archives undertakings in Sichuan Province and arrange the implementation thereof.
3) To organize and provide guidance on archives theoretical research, scientific researches on archives and archives publicity in Sichuan Province, and realize standardized, scientific and modern management of archives.
4) To take charge of the on-the-job training for the staff in archives authorities and provide guidance on the improvement of the quality of archives staff in Sichuan Province; and to arrange assessments of professional and technical positions in archives management throughout Sichuan Province.
5) To undertake other tasks assigned by Sichuan Provincial Government.
Constitution of the Bureau
The Archives Bureau of Sichuan Province consists of five functional offices (excluding the other six institutional units) and the Bureau Committee of the CPC.
1. General Office
The General Office shall assist with government affairs, conference organization, document drafting, the collection of important information, the compilation of yearbooks and take charge of publicity in archives. The Office shall take charge of relevant administrative affairs and coordination with all departments. The Office shall take charge of confidentiality, secrecy, filing, matters in relation to letters and visits from the public and objective management. The Office shall take charge of logistics service and these to state-owned assets management, financial management, family planning and comprehensive treatment of social security.
2. Policy and Law Office
The Policy and Law Office shall draw up local laws and regulations on archives, and examine regulatory documents concerning archives. The Policy and Law Office shall provide guidance on, coordinate, and supervise administrative law enforcement in respect of archives throughout Sichuan Province, and investigate and punish the acts of violating archives laws. The Policy and Law Office shall respond to administrative lawsuits and administrative reconsiderations. The Policy and Law Office shall take charge of the training for archives staff and undertake related matters concerning academic education on archives. The Policy and Law Office shall take charge of selecting and reporting to higher authorities programs for scientific research in archives and promoting the application of scientific achievements of archives research.
Office for Professional Guidance
3. The Office for Professional Guidance shall supervise and provide guidance on archives work of all comprehensive archives bureaus, and archives offices in governmental agencies, organizations, and institutional units throughout Sichuan Province and make sure of the complete and safe preservation of archives. The Office shall organize and provide guidance on exploring and making use of archives information resources as well as evaluation and grading of the administration of archives. The Office shall summarize the basic situation of the archives work throughout Sichuan Province. The Office shall provide guidance on the rescue of key archives throughout Sichuan Province. The Office shall plan, approve, examine and manage the construction of archives bureaus throughout Sichuan Province.
4. Office for Professional Guidance on Economic, Scientific and Technological Archives
The Office shall supervise and provide guidance on archives work in state-owned large and medium-sized enterprises, foreign-funded enterprises, development zones, township enterprises and special archives bureaus of all kinds and at all levels throughout Sichuan Province. The Office shall supervise and provide guidance on archives work and evaluation and grading of administration of archives in institutional units in such fields as science, technology and education throughout Sichuan Province. The office shall supervise and provide guidance on archives work for key scientific and technological projects and key construction projects in Sichuan Province.
5. The Personnel Office shall take charge of the assessment of the staff and give suggestions on personnel selection, promotion and transfer as well as appointment and dismissal. The Office shall assist the leaders with the cultivation and education of the staff, and formulate a system of post responsibility and corresponding awards and penalties. The Office shall take charge of staff salaries, institutional establishment and statistics. The Office shall undertake the assessment and employment of staff with professional and technical titles.
The Bureau Committee of the CPC (sharing the office with the Disciplinary Inspection Group)
The Bureau Committee of the CPC shall take charge of Party-and-mass relations in the Bureau and subordinate units, as well as disciplinary inspection and supervision and the construction of Party’s work style and a clean and honest government. The establishment of the subordinate offices shall be determined by the Party Group of the Bureau in accordance with provisions by Sichuan Provincial Committee of the CPC.