Address: No.54, Shanxi St., Chengdu
Postal Code: 610041
1) To implement the state guidelines, policies, laws and regulations in relation to labor and social insurance as well as the overall reform plan of the labor and social insurance system; to prepare development schemes and annual plans for labor and social insurance in Sichuan Province and see to the implementation of the abovesaid schemes and plans.
2) To draw up and organize the implementation, supervision and inspection of the local regulations, rules and basic standards in relation to labor and social insurance; to formulate regulative rules for and administer the service and consultancy agencies of labor and social insurance policies.
3) To exercise the state power of supervision and inspection of labor and social insurance in accordance with the provisions of the laws; to formulate provincial rules for supervision and inspection of labor and social insurance; and to supervise the operation of the supervision and inspection agencies of labor and social insurance in Sichuan Province.
4) To draw up policies and measures for promoting urban and rural employment; to lay out the development plan of labor market, and establish and improve the employment service system; to draw up plans and policies in relation to the reposition and settlement, basic life guarantee and reemployment of laid-off workers of state-owned enterprises and launch reemployment projects; to lay down administrative rules for job centers and implement the said rules; to lay down administration policies by the nature of jobs for Chinese citizens in Sichuan Province to work overseas and for foreigners (excluding foreign experts) to work in Sichuan Province; to lay down administrative measures for relevant competent agencies to select Chinese employees for Sichuan resident offices of foreign enterprises; and to lay down administrative measures for the competence of the Sichuan resident offices of foreign enterprises and institutions to engage in labor recruitment intermediary service, labor consultancy and labor training
5) To draw up implementing rules for the classification of occupations for Sichuan Province and national standards and industry standards for vocational skills, establish the certification system of professional qualifications, and lay down policies for the identification of vocational skills; to lay down rules for the development and administration of technical schools, employment training centers and private vocational training agencies; to lay down plans and policies for on-the-job skill training for employees and reemployment training for the unemployed and laid-off workers; to lay down rules, policies and measures for the training of, commendation and award for vocationally-skilled talent and for vocational skill contests; to lay down implementing rules for reserve labor system; and to provide guidance on the expansion of the group of qualified teachers in vestibule schools and vocational training agencies and lay down textbook development plans and assessment systems for vestibule schools and vocational training agencies.
6) To draw up local regulations and rules coordinating labor relationship and supervise the implementation of the said regulations and rules; to take charge of the implementation of the system of labor contracts and collective contracts; to draw up rules for labor disputes settlement and labor disputes arbitration and see to the implementation of the said rules; to check, approve and release provincial standards for a fixed number quota of employees and fixed quantity of workload in local enterprises in Sichuan Province; to lay down systems of working hours, rest and holidays for workers in enterprises in Sichuan Province, and special labor policies for women workers and minor workers; to take charge of placement and assignment in accordance with relevant policies; and to participate in the assessment of national and provincial labor models.
7) To draw up broader policies in relation to the salary of enterprise workers in Sichuan Province, relevant policies in relation to reference salary standards, policies for regulating salary and income in industries and policies in relation to income allocation for the operators of state-owned enterprises; to check and approve the total amount of salary in enterprises directly under provincial administration and the salary standard for their chief leaders; and to draw up and improve policies in relation to minimum salary guarantee for enterprise workers and supervise the implementation of the policies concerned.
8) To draw up policies and basic standards for endowment insurance, unemployment insurance, medical insurance, industrial injury insurance and childbearing insurance in Sichuan Province, and supervise and inspect the implementation of the said policies and standards; to lay down policies in relation to supplementary endowment insurance and supplementary medical insurance for employees in governmental agencies, non-enterprise entities and enterprises, as well as implementing rules for the standards of qualification identification for supplementary insurance undertaking agencies, and examine and assess the qualifications of relevant agencies to undertake supplementary insurance business.
9) To lay down policies in relation to the collection, payment, management and operation of the social insurance fund of Sichuan Province; to give comments on the budgets and final accounts of the social insurance fund; to exercise administrative supervision on the management of the social insurance fund; to lay down management rules for social insurance undertaking agencies in Sichuan Province and implementing rules of the standards of qualification identification of fund operators; and to draw up development plans for the service system of social insurance in Sichuan Province and see to the implementation of such plans.
10) To undertake the work on statistics and information collection for labor and social insurance in Sichuan Province, establish the information network for labor and social insurance in Sichuan Province, and release on a regular basis statistic gazettes, information and data, and development forecast reports for labor and social insurance.
11) To take charge of the popularization and utilization of scientific and technological researches and scientific achievements in the field of labor and social insurance and the development of related industries; and to take charge of standardization in the field of labor and social insurance.
12) To provide guidance on ideological progress and the construction of CPC work style and clean governance within the labor and social insurance system; and to provide guidance on the operation of related institutes and associations.
13) To take charge of international communication and cooperation in the field of labor and social insurance.
14) To undertake other tasks assigned by Sichuan Provincial Government.