Address: No.21, Dong’er Lane, Chengdu
Postal Code: 610015
1) To implement guidelines, policies, laws and legal regulations on personnel affairs; to formulate and enforce reform planning, programs and policies on personnel affairs and administration throughout Sichuan Province; to establish and enforce scientific and law-based personnel affairs management system; to provide guidance on, supervise and inspect the personnel affairs in governmental organs throughout Sichuan Province; to formulate policies concerning personnel affairs in the institutional reform throughout Sichuan Province; to participate in the research and management of administrative system reform, institutional reform and institutional establishment throughout Sichuan Province; and to participate in the research on personnel affairs system reform in enterprises.
2) To take charge of the planning and development of human resource; to have macro planning, structural adjustment and integrated management of the staff in governmental organs and public institutions throughout Sichuan Province; and to formulate planning on personnel and salary in governmental organs and public institutions throughout Sichuan Province.
3) To manage professional and technical staff and see to the quality improvement of the professional and technical staff throughout Sichuan Province; to administer professional titles of technical and professional staff in Sichuan Province, improve appointment and employment system and qualification examination system for professional and technical staff, and promote professional certification for practicing; to make plans on the cultivation, selection and management of senior professionals and experts; to coordinate postdoctoral affairs and affairs in relation to foreign experts’ (or returned Chinese experts’) work or settlement in Sichuan Province; to take charge of the placement, job adjustment and scientific research financing assistance for returned overseas Chinese students; to take charge of the continuing education for professional and technical personnel; to formulate and implement administrative policies on exit and entry matters for backbone professional and technical personnel, as well as on the recruitment of backbone professional and technical personnel in Sichuan Province by foreign institutions; and to formulate and implement the regulations on the position grading of logistic workers in governmental organs and public institutions.
4) To formulate and implement overall planning of personnel affairs system reform of public institutions throughout Sichuan Province and administrative policies on the employees, professional and technical staff and logistic workers in public institutions; and to formulate policies on the verification of employment contracts in governmental organs and public institutions, as well as go through verification procedures for the employment contracts in provincial governmental organs and public institutions.
5) To administer civil servants in Sichuan Province; to improve the civil service system in Sichuan Province; to formulate and implement policies on the testing and employment, performance assessment, training, awards, and punishment of, as well as petition and accusation against civil servants in Sichuan Province, and formulate and enforce the implementing measures of certain single legal regulations; and to provide guidance on and coordinate the enforcement of civil service system in various regions and departments.
6) To deal with matters in relation to personnel appointment and removal that shall be submitted to the Standing Committee of the People’s Congress in Sichuan Province and Sichuan Provincial Government for resolution.
7) To formulate policies and regulations on talent exchange, and foster, develop and regulate human resource market; to administer talent exchange agencies; to enforce market access system for foreign and overseas human resource agencies for the human resource market in Sichuan Province; to deal with arbitrations for disputes in personnel affairs; to participate the employment system reform and the formulation of employment policies for university graduates, and give suggestions on mandatory allocation plans for those university graduates who are urgently needed by the State and whose employment should be guaranteed; to formulate policies on the job adjustment and reallocation for those especially needed by the State and Sichuan Province; to undertake internal shifting and placement of Han cadres in Tibet and the three prefectures; to take charge of the management of the Chinese employees in Sichuan resident offices delegated by Sino-foreign joint ventures and foreign enterprises; and to formulate policies on the change from rural residents to urban residents for the family members of professional and technical staff and managerial staff in governmental organs and public institutions.
8) To manage salary, welfare, retirement and resignation affairs in governmental organs and public institutions; to formulate and implement related policies; to participate in policy research on the issues concerning salary and welfare for the staff in governmental organs and public institutions in system reforms; and to participate in the formulation of retirement policies for the staff in governmental organs and public institutions.
9) To administer matters in relation to awards and commendations by the governments; to formulate and implement systems and policies on awards and commendations by the governments; to provide guidance on and coordinate matters in relation to province-wide selections and commendations by provincial governmental departments; and to examine the activities of awards and commendations in the name of Sichuan Provincial Government and the people to be awarded and commended.
10) To formulate and implement policies and planning on the settlement and training of ex-military officers in Sichuan Province.
11) To administer matters in relation to the import of foreign or overseas intelligence into Sichuan Province; to formulate the development planning and plans for importing foreign or overseas intelligence; to formulate and implement policies on importing foreign or overseas intelligence; to take charge of verification management of the qualification of foreign experts in Sichuan Province; and to take charge of the training for the staff going abroad in provincial governmental organs and subordinate institutions.
12) To take charge of publicity, scientific research and information collection in respect of personnel affairs in Sichuan Province.
13) To undertake other tasks assigned by Sichuan Provincial Government.