Address: No.6, Nijiaqiao Rd., Section 4, Renmin Rd.(S), Chengdu
Postal Code: 610041
1) To implement the principles, policies, laws and regulations made by the Party and the State on population and family planning; to draft policies and regulations concerning population and family planning in Sichuan Province; to join with other departments in making relevant social and economic policies and push forward the comprehensive governance of population and family planning; to join with other departments in effecting a reasonable sex ratio of newborns; and to work out and enforce the plans on the integration of the three goals (namely the integration of economic development, farmers’ living a moderately well-off life and building civilized and happy families) and on family planning administration for floating population of Sichuan Province.
2) To formulate medium-term and long-term plans, annual plans and policies on population and family planning in Sichuan Province in line with the goals of birth control set by the State; to set up objective-based responsibility system for population and family planning and carry out assessment and evaluation; to take charge of statistics for family panning, organize inspections of the work of population and family planning in Sichuan Province and participate in the analysis of and research on the statistical data of population in Sichuan Province.
3) To organize strategic and forward-looking research on such major issues as population size, quality, structure and development trend in order to offer data on population for the planning of economic and social development and promote concerted and sustainable development among population, economy and society; to draft and implement overall programs of scientific research on population and family planning; and to organize the evaluation and assessment of scientific research projects on population and family planning.
4) To make plans of the publicity and education work in relation to population and family planning and organize nation-wide campaigns of publicity and education on population and family planning; to take charge of conducting international exchanges and cooperation in relation to population and family panning in Sichuan Province; and manage international aid programs in respect of population and family planning.
5) To conduct all-round management of technical service of birth control; to provide guidance on the establishment and management of service network of birth control throughout Sichuan Province; to make plans and regulations on birth control techniques and procreation hygiene services in respect of bearing, birth control and sterility, and promote the development of procreation healthcare sector; to coordinate with health departments in upgrading the quality of newborns; and to provide guidance on and supervise the distribution of birth control techniques, medicines and tools.
6) To supervise and manage the finance and state-owned assets in subordinate institutions under the Commission; and to supervise and provide guidance on the management of funds for population and family planning in Sichuan Province.
7) To make and implement plans for quality improvement of and training and education for cadres in authorities of population and family planning in Sichuan Province.
8) To provide guidance on the operation of social organizations in relation to population and family planning, as well as the building of work style in authorities of population and family planning in Sichuan Province.
9) To arrange award and support for families endorsing family planning policies in rural areas; and to coordinate with relevant departments in providing aids and support to families with difficulties in implementing the policies.
10) To undertake other tasks assigned by Sichuan Provincial Government.