Address: No.39, Xuedao St., Chengdu
Postal Code: 610016
1) To implement state policies and laws and regulations in relation to scientific and technological development, formulate implementing measures of the above for Sichuan Province and take charge of the implementation of the above; to conduct researches and put forward provincial strategies on scientific and technological development as well as local policies and draft regulations aiming at making use of science and technology to accelerate economic and social development; to make studies on and determine the overall plans of scientific and technological development of Sichuan Province and the priority fields; and to take charge of the establishment of integrated experimental zones for sustainable development and the provincial system of scientific and technological innovation.
2) To draw up provincial medium-term and long-term schemes and annual plans for scientific and technological development; to take charge of the formulation and implementation of scientific and technological plans of such issues as major scientific and technological breakthroughs, applied fundamental researches, soft scientific researches, key laboratories, China Spark Program, the Torch Program, the promotion of scientific and technological achievements, trial production of new products and social development.
3) To conduct researches and put forward policies and measures for the reform of the scientific and technological system in Sichuan Province and take charge of the implementation of the above; to promote the establishment of scientific and technological innovation system and scientific and technological innovation mechanism that suit both the socialist market economy and the inherent development rule of science and technology; to take charge of the formulation and implementation of scientific and technological innovation projects; and to provide guidance on the reform of the scientific and technological system in Sichuan Province.
4) To make studies on the measures for exploring various ways to increase investment in science and technology; to optimize the allocation of scientific and technological resources; to exercise specialized management of the “Three Expenditures” on science and technology (Expenditure for Trial Production of New Products, Expenditure for Intermediate Tests and Expenditure of Subsidy for Major Technological Projects), Expenditure for the Course of Science and Technology, Expenditure on Science and Technology in Relation to Foreign Affairs and other special expenses on science and technology, and take charge of preparing budgets and final accounts of the abovesaid expenditures and expenses; and to coordinate with relevant departments to exercise macro control and regulation on science-and-technology-related matters by such economic means as finance, credit and taxation.
5) To organize and provide guidance on basic researches and major scientific and technological breakthroughs in Sichuan Province; to intensify the industrialization of high technology and the development and popularization of applied technologies; and to administer the recognition of provincial hi-tech industrial zones, hi-tech enterprises and new hi-tech products.
6) To make studies on and draw up schemes and plans for transforming scientific and technological achievements into production; to exercise specialized management of matters in relation to scientific and technological achievements, awards for relevant achievements, confidentiality of technology, technological market and science-and-technology-related intellectual property protection; to put forward proposals on the layout and development orientation of scientific research institutions; to examine and approve the establishment and adjustment of scientific research institutions; to provide guidance on the reform of scientific research institutions and the establishment of scientific research bases; to take charge of the popularization of science and technology, and draw up plans for the popularization of science and technology; to take charge of the enforcement and supervision-inspection of the system of joint conference on the popularization of science and technology; to provide guidance on and coordinate the publicity of science and technology; and to provide guidance to and maintain contact with private technological enterprises and technological intermediate agencies.
7) To make studies on the reasonable allocation of technology talent and, and put forward relevant policies on giving full play to scientists’ enthusiasm and creating sound environment for the development of technology talent; to organize and coordinate the selection of academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering; and to provide guidance on the education and training of high-ranking government officials in scientific and technological administration in Sichuan Province.
8) To take charge of scientific and technological communication and cooperation with other countries, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Macau Special Administrative Region and Taiwan; to take charge of bringing in and assimilating advanced technology and innovation based on the above; to take charge of introducing foreign intelligence for government departments and agencies in the field of science and technology; and to administer matters in relation to scientific and technological aids.
9) To take charge of the administration of scientific and technological information, scientific and technological statistics and scientific and technological periodicals; and to promote the development of scientific and technological intermediate agencies and the establishment of scientific and technological service system.
10) To provide guidance on and coordinate the science-and-technology-related matters of various departments in Sichuan Provincial Government and of units delegated by other cities, municipalities, autonomous regions and the Central Government; and to work with relevant departments and carry out assessments on local leaders’ effort to pay special attention to science and technology.
11) To take charge of the administration of the public servants of agencies in the Bureau and the leaders and high-ranking officials of directly-affiliated units; and to provide guidance on the service to senior high-ranking officials of agencies in the Bureau and directly-affiliated units.
12) To undertake any task assigned by the Leading Group for Scientific and Technological Education of Sichuan Province.To undertake other tasks assigned by Sichuan Provincial Government.